Automatically generated by Pod::Man 4.09 (Pod::Simple 3.35) Standard preamble: ========================================================================
NAMEConfig::Model::Role::Grab - Role to grab data from elsewhere in the tree
$root->grab('foo:2 bar'); $root->grab(steps => 'foo:2 bar'); $root->grab(steps => 'foo:2 bar', type => 'leaf'); $root->grab_value(steps => 'foo:2 bar');
DESCRIPTIONRole used to let a tree item (i.e. node, hash, list or leaf) to grab another item or value from the configuration tree using a path (a bit like an xpath path with a different syntax).
grabGrab an object from the configuration tree.
- steps (or step)
- A string indicating the steps to follow in the tree to find the required item. (mandatory)
- When set to "strict", "grab" throws an exception if no object is found using the passed string. When set to "adaptative", the object found last is returned. For instance, for the steps "good_step wrong_step", only the object held by "good_step" is returned. When set to "loose", grab returns undef in case of problem. (default is "strict")
Either "node", "leaf", "hash" or "list" or an array ref containing these
values. Returns only an object of
requested type. Depending on "strict" value, "grab" either
throws an exception or returns the last object found with the requested type.
(optional, default to "undef", which means any type of object)
$root->grab(steps => 'foo:2 bar', type => 'leaf') $root->grab(steps => 'foo:2 bar', type => ['leaf','check_list'])
- When set to 1, "hash" or "list" configuration element are created when requested by the passed steps. (default is 1).
- When set to 1, grab returns an object even if this one is not available. I.e. even if this element was warped out. (default is 0).
The "steps" parameters is made of the following items separated by spaces:
- Go up one node
- Go to the root node.
- Go up the configuration tree until the "Foo" configuration class is found. Raise an exception if no "Foo" class is found when root node is reached.
- Go down using "xxx" element.
- Go down using "xxx" element and id "yy" (valid for hash or list elements)
Go up the tree until a node containing element "xxx" is found. Then go down
the tree like item "xxx".
If "?xxx:yy", go up the tree the same way. But no check is done to see if id "yy" actually exists or not. Only the element "xxx" is considered when going up the tree.
grab_valueLike ``grab'', but returns the value of a leaf or check_list object, not just the leaf object.
"grab_value" raises an exception if following the steps ends on anything but a leaf or a check_list.
grab_annotationLike ``grab'', but returns the annotation of an object.
grab_rootReturns the root of the configuration tree.
grab_ancestorParameter: a configuration class name
Go up the configuration tree until a node using the configuration class is found. Returns the found node or undef.
# returns a Config::Model::Node object for a Systemd::Service config class $self->grab('Systemd::Service');
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSEThis software is Copyright (c) 2005-2017 by Dominique Dumont.
This is free software, licensed under:
The GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 2.1, February 1999