Copyright (c) 1991, 1993 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following...
NAMEmsync - synchronize a mapped region
SYNOPSISIn sys/mman.h Ft int Fn msync void *addr size_t len int flags
DESCRIPTIONThe Fn msync system call writes any modified pages back to the file system and updates the file modification time. If Fa len is 0, all modified pages within the region containing Fa addr will be flushed; if Fa len is non-zero, only those pages containing Fa addr and Fa len-1 succeeding locations will be examined. The Fa flags argument may be specified as follows:
- Return immediately
- Perform synchronous writes
- Invalidate all cached data
RETURN VALUESRv -std msync
ERRORSThe Fn msync system call will fail if:
- Bq Er EBUSY
- Some or all of the pages in the specified region are locked and MS_INVALIDATE is specified.
- Bq Er EINVAL
- The Fa addr argument is not a multiple of the hardware page size.
- Bq Er ENOMEM
- The addresses in the range starting at Fa addr and continuing for Fa len bytes are outside the range allowed for the address space of a process or specify one or more pages that are not mapped.
- Bq Er EINVAL
- The Fa flags argument was both MS_ASYNC and MS_INVALIDATE. Only one of these flags is allowed.
- Bq Er EIO
- An error occurred while writing at least one of the pages in the specified region.