Copyright (c) 1999 Chris Costello All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or oth...
NAMEkldload - load KLD files into the kernel
SYNOPSISIn sys/param.h In sys/linker.h Ft int Fn kldload const char *file
DESCRIPTIONThe Fn kldload system call loads a kld file into the kernel using the kernel linker.
RETURN VALUESThe Fn kldload system call returns the fileid of the kld file which was loaded into the kernel. If an error occurs, Fn kldload will return -1 and set errno to indicate the error.
ERRORSThe named file is loaded unless:
- Bq Er EPERM
- You do not have access to read the file or link it with the kernel. You should be the root user to be able to use the kld system calls.
- Bq Er EFAULT
- Bad address encountered when adding kld info into the kernel space.
- Bq Er ENOMEM
- There is no memory to load the file into the kernel.
- Bq Er ENOENT
- The file was not found.
- Bq Er ENOEXEC
- The file format of Fa file was unrecognized.
- Bq Er EEXIST
- The supplied Fa file has already been loaded.