Copyright (c) 1983, 1991, 1993 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the fol...
NAMEgetsockname - get socket name
SYNOPSISIn sys/types.h In sys/socket.h Ft int Fn getsockname int s struct sockaddr * restrict name socklen_t * restrict namelen
DESCRIPTIONThe Fn getsockname system call returns the current Fa name for the specified socket. The Fa namelen argument should be initialized to indicate the amount of space pointed to by Fa name . On return it contains the actual size of the name returned (in bytes).
RETURN VALUESRv -std getsockname
ERRORSThe call succeeds unless:
- Bq Er EBADF
- The argument Fa s is not a valid descriptor.
- Bq Er ECONNRESET
- The connection has been reset by the peer.
- Bq Er EINVAL
- The value of the Fa namelen argument is not valid.
- Bq Er ENOTSOCK
- The argument Fa s is a file, not a socket.
- Bq Er ENOBUFS
- Insufficient resources were available in the system to perform the operation.
- Bq Er EFAULT
- The Fa name argument points to memory not in a valid part of the process address space.