NAMEscriptreplay - play back typescripts, using timing information
SYNOPSISscriptreplay [options] [-t] timingfile [typescript [divisor]]
DESCRIPTIONThis program replays a typescript, using timing information to ensure that output happens in the same rhythm as it originally appeared when the script was recorded.
The replay simply displays the information again; the programs that were run when the typescript was being recorded are not run again. Since the same information is simply being displayed, scriptreplay is only guaranteed to work properly if run on the same type of terminal the typescript was recorded on. Otherwise, any escape characters in the typescript may be interpreted differently by the terminal to which scriptreplay is sending its output.
The timing information is what script(1) outputs to standard error if it is run with the -t parameter.
By default, the typescript to display is assumed to be named typescript, but other filenames may be specified, as the second parameter or with option -s.
If the third parameter is specified, it is used as a speed-up multiplier. For example, a speed-up of 2 makes scriptreplay go twice as fast, and a speed-up of 0.1 makes it go ten times slower than the original session.
OPTIONSThe first three options will override old-style arguments.
- -t, --timing file
- File containing script's timing output.
- -s, --typescript file
- File containing script's terminal output.
- -d, --divisor number
- Speed up the replay displaying this number of times. The argument is a floating point number. It's called divisor because it divides the timings by this factor.
- -m, --maxdelay number
- Set the maximum delay between transcript updates to number of seconds. The argument is a floating point number. This can be used to avoid long pauses in the transcript replay.
- -V, --version
- Display version information and exit.
- -h, --help
- Display help text and exit.
% script --timing=file.tm script.out Script started, file is script.out % ls <etc, etc> % exit Script done, file is script.out % scriptreplay --timing file.tm --typescript script.out
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2008 James Youngman
Copyright © 2008 Karel Zak
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Released under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.