NAMEppmpat - make a pretty pixmap
SYNOPSISppmpat -gingham2|-g2|-gingham3| -g3|-madras|-tartan| -poles|-squig|-camo| -anticamo width height
DESCRIPTIONProduces a portable pixmap of the specified width and height, with a pattern in it.
This program is mainly to demonstrate use of the ppmdraw routines, a simple but powerful drawing library. See the ppmdraw.h include file for more info on using these routines. Still, some of the patterns can be rather pretty. If you have a color workstation, something like ppmpat -squig 300 300 | ppmquant 128 should generate a nice background.
The different flags specify various different pattern types:
- A gingham check pattern. Can be tiled.
- A slightly more complicated gingham. Can be tiled.
- A madras plaid. Can be tiled.
- A tartan plaid. Can be tiled.
- Color gradients centered on randomly-placed poles. May need to be run through ppmquant.
- Squiggley tubular pattern. Can be tiled. May need to be run through ppmquant.
- Camouflage pattern. May need to be run through ppmquant.
- Anti-camouflage pattern - like -camo, but ultra-bright colors. May need to be run through ppmquant.
All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix.