Title: perf-ftrace Author: [FIXME: author] [see http://docbook.sf.net/el/author] Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.79.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 09/12/2017 Manual: perf Manual Source: perf Language: English
NAMEperf-ftrace - simple wrapper for kernel's ftrace functionality
perf ftrace <command>
The perf ftrace command is a simple wrapper of kernelcqs ftrace functionality. It only supports single thread tracing currently and just reads trace_pipe in text and then write it to stdout.
The following options apply to perf ftrace.
- Tracer to use: function_graph or function.
- Verbosity level.
- Trace on existing process id (comma separated list).
- Force system-wide collection. Scripts run without a <command> normally use -a by default, while scripts run with a <command> normally doncqt - this option allows the latter to be run in system-wide mode.
- Only trace for the list of CPUs provided. Multiple CPUs can be provided as a comma separated list with no space like: 0,1. Ranges of CPUs are specified with -: 0-2. Default is to trace on all online CPUs.
- Only trace functions given by the argument. Multiple functions can be given by using this option more than once. The function argument also can be a glob pattern. It will be passed to set_ftrace_filter in tracefs.
- Do not trace functions given by the argument. Like -T option, this can be used more than once to specify multiple functions (or glob patterns). It will be passed to set_ftrace_notrace in tracefs.
- Set graph filter on the given function (or a glob pattern). This is useful for the function_graph tracer only and enables tracing for functions executed from the given function. This can be used more than once to specify multiple functions. It will be passed to set_graph_function in tracefs.
- Set graph notrace filter on the given function (or a glob pattern). Like -G option, this is useful for the function_graph tracer only and disables tracing for function executed from the given function. This can be used more than once to specify multiple functions. It will be passed to set_graph_notrace in tracefs.
- Set max depth for function graph tracer to follow