Hey, EMACS: First parameter, NAME, should be all caps Second parameter, SECTION, should be 1-8, maybe w/ subsection other parameters are allowed: see man(7), man(1)
NAMEpcsc_scan - regularly scans every PC/SC readers connected to the host
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents the pcsc_scan command.
pcsc_scan is a program that regularly scans every PC/SC readers
connected to the host and display the status of the cards inserted in
The normal way to exit the program is to use Control-C.
When pcsc_scan is started it asks PC/SC layer the list of available smart card readers. The list is printed. A sequence number is printed before each reader.
PC/SC device scanner
V 1.4.27 (c) 2001-2017, Ludovic Rousseau
Scanning present readers...
0: Gemalto PC Twin Reader
When a card is inserted in any reader some information is printed:
- date and time:
- Wed Apr 12 14:25:30 2017
- reader name:
- Reader 0: Gemalto PC Twin Reader
- card state and occurred event:
- Card state: Card inserted,
- ATR in case of card insertion:
- ATR: 3B 82 00 86 1E
- print an ATR analysis if the ATR_analysis command is available:
ATR: 3B 82 00 86 1E
+ TS = 3B --> Direct Convention
+ T0 = 82, Y(1): 1000, K: 2 (historical bytes)
TD(1) = 00 --> Y(i+1) = 0000, Protocol T = 0
+ Historical bytes: 86 1E
- print help
- print version number
- do not print ATR analysis. Use this option if ATR_analysis is not available for example.
- stress mode. Sends APDU commands to the card indefinitely (until the card or the reader is removed).