Man page contributed by Dirk Eddelbuettel <firstname.lastname@example.org> and released under the BSD license Copyright (c) 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
NAMEoshmem_info - Display information about the Open MPI installation
oshmem_info provides detailed information about the Open MPI/SHMEM installation. It can be useful for at least three common scenarios:
1. Checking local configuration and seeing how Open MPI/SHMEM was installed.
2. Submitting bug reports / help requests to the Open MPI/SHMEM community (see www.open-mpi.org/community/help)
3. Seeing a list of installed Open MPI/SHMEM plugins and querying what MCA parameters they support.
OPTIONSoshmem_info accepts the following options:
- Show all configuration options and MCA parameters
- Show architecture Open MPI/SHMEM was compiled on
- Show configuration options
- -gmca|--gmca <param> <value>
- Pass global MCA parameters that are applicable to all contexts.
- Shows help / usage message
- Show the hostname that Open MPI/SHMEM was configured and built on
- Show internal MCA parameters (not meant to be modified by users)
- Show only variables with at most this level (1-9). The default is 1 unless --all is specified without --level in which case the default is 9. See the LEVEL section for more information.
- -mca|--mca <param> <value>
- Pass context-specific MCA parameters; they are considered global if --gmca is not used and only one context is specified.
- --param <type> <component>
- Show MCA parameters. The first parameter is the type of the component to display; the second parameter is the specific component to display (or the keyword "all", meaning "display all components of this type").
- When used in conjunction with other parameters, the output is displayed in a machine-parsable format --parseable Synonym for --parsable
- --path <type>
- Show paths that Open MPI/SHMEM was configured with. Accepts the following parameters: prefix, bindir, libdir, incdir, pkglibdir, sysconfdir.
- When used in conjunction with other parameters, the output is displayed in 'prettyprint' format (default)
- Show only variables from selected components.
- Show version of Open MPI/SHMEM.
- Basic information of interest to users
- Detailed information of interest to users
- All remaining information of interest to users
- Basic information required for tuning
- Detailed information required for tuning
- All remaining information required for tuning
- Basic information for MPI implementors
- Detailed information for MPI implementors
- All remaining information for MPI implementors
- Show the default output of options and listing of installed components in a human-readable / prettyprint format.
- oshmem_info --parsable
- Show the default output of options and listing of installed components in a machine-parsable format.
- oshmem_info --param btl openib
- Show the MCA parameters of the "openib" BTL component in a human-readable / prettyprint format.
- oshmem_info --param btl openib --parsable
- Show the MCA parameters of the "openib" BTL component in a machine-parsable format.
- oshmem_info --path bindir
- Show the "bindir" that Open MPI was configured with.
- oshmem_info --version ompi full --parsable
- Show the full version numbers of Open MPI/SHMEM (including the ORTE and OPAL version numbers) in a machine-readable format.
- oshmem_info --version btl major
- Show the major version number of all BTL components in a prettyprint format.
- oshmem_info --version btl:tcp minor
- Show the minor version number of the TCP BTL component in a prettyprint format.
- oshmem_info --all
- Show all information about the Open MPI/SHMEM installation, including all components that can be found, the MCA parameters that they support, versions of Open MPI/SHMEM and the components, etc.
AUTHORSThe Open MPI/SHMEM maintainers -- see www.openmpi.org or the file AUTHORS.
This manual page was originally contributed by Dirk Eddelbuettel <email@example.com>, one of the Debian GNU/Linux maintainers for Open MPI, and may be used by others.