Title: nm-online Author: Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.79.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 10/11/2017 Manual: General Commands Manual Source: NetworkManager 1.8.4 Language: English
NAMEnm-online - ask NetworkManager whether the network is connected
- nm-online [OPTIONS...]
By default NetworkManager waits for IPv4 dynamic addressing to complete but does not wait for the auto IPv6 dynamic addressing. To wait for IPv6 addressing to complete, either (1) change the network connection's IPv6 may-fail setting to no, and/or (2) change the IPv6 addressing method to manual or dhcp, to indicate that IPv6 connectivity is expected.
-t | --timeout seconds
- Time to wait for a connection, in seconds. If the option is not provided, the default timeout is 30 seconds.
-x | --exit
- Exit immediately if NetworkManager is not running or connecting.
-q | --quiet
- Don't print anything.
-s | --wait-for-startup
- Wait for NetworkManager startup to complete, rather than waiting for network connectivity specifically. Startup is considered complete once NetworkManager has activated (or attempted to activate) every auto-activate connection which is available given the current network state. (This is generally only useful at boot time; after startup has completed, nm-online -s will just return immediately, regardless of the current network state.)
nm-online exits with status 0 if it succeeds, a value greater than 0 is returned if an error occurs.
- Success - already online or connection established within given timeout.
- Offline or not online within given timeout.
- Unknown or unspecified error.