NAMEnicotine-import-winconfig - import configuration from the Windows soulseek client
SYNOPSISnicotine-import-winconfig [OPTIONS] old-config-file
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the nicotine-import-winconfig command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
nicotine-import-winconfig is a program to import your queue, user list, password information, auto-joined chatrooms, banlist, and user information from the Windows SoulSeek configuration.
USAGEA typical invocation would be :
nicotine-import-winconfig "/mnt/win9x/Program Files/SoulSeek"
The program should be run when nicotine is not running. It will add the information (download queue, userlist, password info, etc.) to the existing configuration or write a new configuration from scratch when no configuration exists.
- The per-user configuration file for nicotine(1) will be overwritten.
You might want to back up the file first, but it should not be necessary. A different config file can be chosen using the --config flag.
- In case there's an image included in the Windows SoulSeek userinfo, the image will be extracted and written to that file, where configfile is the path to your nicotine configuration file, and ext is the appropriate file extension for the image type.
OPTIONSWhen you don't want to import all configuration options, you can choose what to import using command line flags.
- -c file | --config=file
- Use a non-default nicotine configuration file to write to.
- -q | --queue
- Import the queue.
- -u | --userlist
- Import the userlist.
- -l | --login
- Import the login information.
- -C | --chatrooms
- Import the list of autojoined chatrooms.
- -b | --banned
- Import the list of banned users.
- -i | --userinfo
- Import the user information and the image.
- -h | --help
- Print the summary of command line options and exit.
TIPSIt is possible to share the download directory between platforms. Nicotine can even continue downloads that started using the Windows client.
Of course, the download directories should be the same for nicotine and Windows, e.g. if your Windows sharing directory is F:\slsk_in and your F drive is mounted on /mnt/media, then you must set your download directory to /mnt/media/slsk_in.