Title: newuidmap Author: [FIXME: author] [see http://docbook.sf.net/el/author] Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.79.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 08/20/2017 Manual: User Commands Source: shadow-utils 4.2 Language: English
NAMEnewuidmap - set the uid mapping of a user namespace
- newuidmap pid uid loweruid count [uid loweruid count [ ... ]]
After the pid argument, newuidmap expects sets of 3 integers:
- Begining of the range of UIDs inside the user namespace.
- Begining of the range of UIDs outside the user namespace.
- Length of the ranges (both inside and outside the user namespace).
newuidmap verifies that the caller is the owner of the process indicated by pid and that for each of the above sets, each of the UIDs in the range [loweruid, loweruid+count] is allowed to the caller according to /etc/subuid before setting /proc/[pid]/uid_map.
Note that newuidmap may be used only once for a given process.
There currently are no options to the newuidmap command.
- List of users subordinate user IDs.
- Mapping of uids from one between user namespaces.