NAMEmythbackend - MythTV Backend
DESCRIPTIONmythbackend version: fixes/29 [v29-rc1-4-g696806310a] www.mythtv.org
MythBackend is the primary server application for MythTV. It is used for recording and remote streaming access of media. Only one instance of this application is allowed to run on one host at a time, and one must be configured to operate as a master, performing additional scheduler and housekeeper tasks.
Misc. Options: -d OR --daemon Fork application into background after startup. --noupnp Disable use of UPnP. -O OR --override-setting Override a single setting defined by a key=value
--override-settings-file Define a file of key=value pairs to be loaded for
- setting overrides.
-p OR --pidfile Write PID of application to filename. --printexpire Print upcoming list of recordings to be expired. --printsched Print upcoming list of scheduled recordings. --setloglevel Change logging level of the existing master
--setverbose Change debug mask of the existing master backend. -h OR --help OR --usage Display this help printout, or give detailed
- information of selected option.
--version Display version information. --testsched do some scheduler testing. --user Drop permissions to username after starting.
Logging Options: --enable-dblog Enable logging to database. --loglevel Set the logging level. All log messages at lower
- levels will be discarded.
- In descending order: emerg, alert, crit, err, warning, notice, info, debug defaults to info
--logpath Writes logging messages to a file in the directory
- logpath with filenames in the format:
- applicationName.date.pid.log. This is typically used in combination with --daemon, and if used in combination with --pidfile, this can be used with log rotators, using the HUP call to inform MythTV to reload the file
-q OR --quiet Don't log to the console (-q). Don't log anywhere
- (-q -q)
--syslog Set the syslog logging facility.
- Set to "none" to disable, defaults to none.
-v OR --verbose Specify log filtering. Use '-v help' for level