Automatically generated by Pod::Man 4.09 (Pod::Simple 3.35) Standard preamble: ========================================================================
NAMEjv-convert - Convert file from one encoding to another
DESCRIPTIONjv-convert is a utility included with "libgcj" which converts a file from one encoding to another. It is similar to the Unix iconv utility.
The encodings supported by jv-convert are platform-dependent. Currently there is no way to get a list of all supported encodings.
- --encoding name
- --from name
- Use name as the input encoding. The default is the current locale's encoding.
- --to name
Use name as the output encoding. The default is the
"JavaSrc" encoding; this is ASCIIwith \u escapes for non-ASCII characters.
- -i file
- Read from file. The default is to read from standard input.
- -o file
- Write to file. The default is to write to standard output.
- Swap the input and output encodings.
- Print a help message, then exit.
- Print version information, then exit.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 2001-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the
A GNU Manual
You have freedom to copy and modify this GNU Manual, like GNU software. Copies published by the Free Software Foundation raise funds for GNU development.