Title: influx Author: [see the "AUTHORS" section] Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.79.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 11/15/2017 Manual: \ \& Source: \ \& Language: English
NAMEinflux - InfluxDB client
influx [options] influx -execute <command> [options] influx -import -path <path> (-compressed) [options] influx -version
influx is the command line program for interacting with an InfluxDB server.
In the first form, the program starts a CLI that can be used to write data or query the database. The command line is described in COMMAND LINE.
In the second form, this will execute a single command, usually a query. This is the equivalent of starting the command line, running one command, and then exiting.
In the third form, this imports a previously exported database to the database.
The fourth form outputs the version of the command line and then immediately exits.
- Host to connect to. Default is localhost.
- Port to use when connecting to the host. Default is 8086.
- Database to use when connecting to the database.
- Username to connect to the server.
- Password to connect to the server. If left blank, this will prompt for a password.
-ssl: Use https for requests.
- Set this with -ssl to allow unsafe connections.
- Executes the command and exits.
- Sets the format of the server responses. Default is column.
- Specifies the format of the timestamp. Default is ns.
- Set the write consistency level. Default is one.
- Turns on pretty print format for the JSON format.
- Import a previous database export from a file. If specified, -path <path> must also be specified.
- Path to the database export file to import. Must be used with -import.
-pps <n>: How many points per second the import will allow. By default, it is zero and will not throttle importing.
- Set if the import file is compressed. Must be used with -import.
- Outputs the version of the influx client.
Report bugs to the GitHub issue tracker m[blue]github.com/influxdata/influxdbm.
InfluxDB is written and maintained by InfluxData m[blue]influxdata.comm.
InfluxDB is released under the MIT license.
This man page is released under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.