NAMEid3 - an ID3 tag editor
SYNOPSIS[-tTaAycg newdata ] file...
DESCRIPTIONThe tool is an ID3 v1.1 tag editor. ID3 tags are traditionally put at the end of compressed streamed audio files to denote information about the audio contents. Up to thirty characters of Title, Artist, and Album information can be stored, as well as a 28-character comment, four-digit year, track number up to 255, and an enumerated genre.
The tool accepts the following command-line options:
- -t title
- Sets the title tag to the first 30 characters of the title argument.
- -T track
- Sets the track tag to a number between 0 and 255.
- -a artist
- Sets the artist tag to the first 30 characters of the artist argument.
- -A album
- Sets the album tag to the first 30 characters of the album argument.
- -y year
- Sets the year tag to the first 4 characters of the year argument.
- -c comment
- Sets the comment tag to the first 28 characters of the comment argument.
- -g genre
- Sets the genre number tag using a genre number or predefined genre label.
- List/view the ID3 tag.
- List all genre tags.
- Use rfc822-style output for tag printout.
- Delete the ID3 tag.