Title: gvfsd Author: Alexander Larsson <email@example.com> Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.79.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 10/03/2017 Manual: User Commands Source: gvfs Language: English
NAMEgvfsd - Main daemon for gvfs
- gvfsd [OPTION...]
The primary task of gvfsd is to act as a mount tracker/manager. It spawns new backends when requested and keeps track fo their lifecycle, maintaining a list of active mounts and creates direct connections to them.
Since gvfs backends are running as children of the gvfsd process, it is possible to start gvfsd in a terminal and set environment variables to get debug output from individual backends.
gvfsd also starts the gvfsd-fuse(1), and provides it the mount point where the fuse file system should be mounted.
- Prints a short help text and exits.
- Shows the version number and exits.
- Replace the currently running gvfsd instance.
- Don't start the fuse filesystem.
- Enable debug output.
- If this environment variable is set, gvfsd will not start the fuse filesystem.
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise.