Title: gtk-update-icon-cache Author: Matthias Clasen Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.78.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 03/09/2016 Manual: User Commands Source: GTK+ Language: English
NAMEgtk-update-icon-cache - Icon theme caching utility
- gtk-update-icon-cache [--force] [--ignore-theme-index] [--index-only | --include-image-data] [--source NAME] [--quiet] [--validate] PATH
It expects to be given the PATH to a icon theme directory containing an index.theme, e.g. /usr/share/icons/hicolor, and writes a icon-theme.cache containing cached information about the icons in the directory tree below the given directory.
GTK+ can use the cache files created by gtk-update-icon-cache to avoid a lot of system call and disk seek overhead when the application starts. Since the format of the cache files allows them to be mmaped shared between multiple applications, the overall memory consumption is reduced as well.
- Overwrite an existing cache file even if it appears to be uptodate.
- Don't check for the existence of index.theme in the icon theme directory. Without this option, gtk-update-icon-cache refuses to create an icon cache in a directory which does not appear to be the toplevel directory of an icon theme.
- Don't include image data in the cache.
- Include image data in the cache.
- Output a C header file declaring a constant NAME with the contents of the icon cache.
- Turn off verbose output.
- Validate existing icon cache.