NAMEgrace - command line interface
xmgrace - full-featured GUI mode
gracebat - batch mode - print and exit
DESCRIPTIONGrace is a WYSIWYG tool to make two-dimensional plots of scientific data.
SYNOPSISgrace [ option | filename ]...
xmgrace [ option | filename ]...
gracebat [ option | filename ]...
- -autoscale x|y|xy|none
- Set autoscale type
- Turn off all toolbars
- -batch file
- Execute batch file on start up (i.e., after all other options have been processed and the UI initialized)
- -block file
- Assume the data file is block data
- -bxy x:y:etc.
- Form a set from the current block data set using the current set type from columns given in the argument
- -datehint iso|european|us|days|seconds|nohint
- Set the hint for dates analysis
- -dpipe descriptor
- Read data from descriptor on startup
- -fixed width height
- Set canvas size fixed to width*height
- Use free page layout
- -graph number
- Set the current graph number
- -graphtype xy|chart|fixed|polar|pie
- Set the type of the current graph
- No interactive session, just print and quit
- -hdevice device_name
- Set default hardcopy device. See xmgrace -version for a list of supported devices.
- Install private colormap
- -legend load
- Turn the graph legend on
- -log x|y|xy
- Set the axis scaling of the current graph to logarithmic
- -maxpath length
- Set the maximal drawing path length
- Run grace in monochrome mode (affects the display only)
- -netcdf file
- Assume data file is in netCDF format. This option is present only if the netCDF support was compiled in
- -netcdfxy X_var Y_var
- If -netcdf was used previously, read from the netCDF file X_var and Y_var variables and create a set. If X_var is "null" then load the index of Y to X. This option is present only if the netCDF support was compiled in
- Assume the answer is yes to all requests, if the operation would overwrite a file, grace will do so without prompting
- Don't use private colormap
- In batch mode, do not print
- Disable safe mode
- Don't catch signals
- -npipe file
- Read data from named pipe on startup
- -nxy file
- Assume data file is in X Y1 Y2 Y3 ... format
- -param file
- Load parameters from file to the current graph
- -pexec string
- Interpret string as a parameter setting
- Read data from stdin on startup
- -printfile file
- Save print output to file
- Remove data file(s) after read
- -results file
- Write results of some data manipulations to file
- Exchange the color indices for black and white
- Run in the safe mode (default)
- -saveall file
- Save all to file
- -seed value
- Integer seed for random number generator
- -settype xy|xydx|...
- Set the type of the next data file
- -source disk|pipe
- Source type of next data file
- -timer delay
- Set allowed time slice for real time inputs to delay ms
- Add timestamp to plot
Show the program version, registered devices and build time configuration information.
[DEBIAN] Direct PDF output has been disabled since the PDF library is not free software. There is an easy workaround - just use the epstopdf script from the tetex-bin package.
- -viewport xmin ymin xmax ymax
- Set the viewport for the current graph
- -wd path
- Set the working directory
- -world xmin ymin xmax ymax
- Set the world coordinates for the current graph
- When run in the GUI mode, the interface is a subject to X resource settings.
Please refer to the User's Guide for a list of important ones.
- Specifies the directory where the Grace docs and libs are stored. Default is /usr/local/grace
- The shell command to run an HTML viewer for on-line browsing of the help documents. Must include at least one instance of "%s" which will be replaced with the actual URL by Grace. Default is mozilla %s
- Specifies the editor which is used to edit sets. Default is xterm -e vi
- The print command.
A flag (0 or 1) and a file name which determine whether a FFT should use
`wisdom' when using the FFTW libraries.
FILESIn many cases, when Grace needs to access a file given with a relative pathname , it searches for the file along the following path:
The following files are of a special importance:
gracerc - init file loaded upon start up.
templates/Default.agr - the default template, loaded whenever a new project is started.
fonts/FontDataBase - the file responsible for font configuration.
SEE ALSOgrconvert(1), X(1) [or Xorg(1)], Grace User's Guide
BUGSThe best way to submit a bug report is using the "Help/Comments" menu entry. Alternatively, see the home page.
AUTHORSGrace is derived from ACE/gr (a.k.a Xmgr ) written by Paul J Turner. From version number 4.00, the development was taken over by a team of volunteers under the coordination of Evgeny Stambulchik.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 1991-1995 Paul J Turner, Portland, OR
Copyright (c) 1996-2007 Grace Development Team