NAMEgpaint - a small easy to use paint program for GNOME
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page briefly documents gpaint (GNU Paint), a small-scale painting program for GNOME, the GNU Desktop Environment. gpaint does not attempt to compete with GIMP, it is just a simple drawing package based on xpaint, along the lines of 'Paintbrush' from a popular non-free operating system.
gpaint is still work in progress and many features are still being developed. However, gpaint is usable and useful for simple image editing tasks.
FEATURESCurrently gpaint has the following features:
- * Drawing tools such as ovals, freehand, polygon and text, with fill or shadow for polygons and closed freehand shapes.
- * Cut and paste by selecting irregular regions or polygons.
- * Preliminary print support using gnome-print.
- * Modern, easy to use user interface with tool and color palettes.
- * Multiple-image editing in a single instance of the program.
- * All the image processing features present in xpaint.