NAMEgnumeric - a GNOME spreadsheet application.
SYNOPSISgnumeric [OPTIONS] [files ... ]
DESCRIPTIONGnumeric is a powerful spreadsheet program created by the GNOME project. Gnumeric intends to compete with commercial spreadsheets by becoming fully compatible with Microsoft Excel(TM) and through the support of most popular spreadsheet file formats such as Excel(TM), Lotus 1-2-3(TM), Applix(TM), Sylk(TM), XBase(TM), Oleo(TM) and OpenOffice.org formats.
Gnumeric supports advanced calculations using statistical, financial and database access functions. Plotting data is supported through an incomplete but powerful plotting system. A plugin system extends gnumeric , for instance enabling the export of data to the LaTeX \longtable format. Plugins can be used to define custom functionality. A rudimentary scripting API for the Python language exists and will be extended in the near future. Since gnumeric is free software, gnumeric can also be extended directly at the source code level by any competent programmer.
The program can be started from the command line as gnumeric or from one of the menus provided by the underlying platform. When started on the command line, gnumeric may be followed by the options listed below and possibly the names of files in various spreadsheet formats which will then be opened immediately. For instance, the command:
will launch gnumeric and open the file called "myfile.gnumeric". The default gnumeric file format is in extensible markup language (XML) which subsequently has been compressed with gzip.
USER OPTIONSThis program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with single letter options starting with a single dash (`-') and longer options starting with two dashes (`--').
Help options-?, --help Show help message.
Displays a brief usage message.
- -v, --version
- Displays the version number of the installed instance of gnumeric.
- Start gnumeric without showing the splash screen. The splash screen is normally shown if loading files takes too long.
- -L, --lib-dir=STRING
- Set the root library directory to STRING which should be a pathname.
- -D, --data-dir=STRING
Adjust the root data directory to STRING which should be a pathname.
Options for window placement
- -g, --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF
- Set the size and position of the first window. All units are in pixels. The X offset is from the left hand side of the screen, the Y offset is from the top of the screen. For example, -g=800x600+20+30 will open a gnumeric window 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high, with the left edge of gnumeric 20 pixels from the left of the screen and the top edge of gnumeric 30 pixels from the top of the screen.
X display to use, where DISPLAY has the form
machinename:Xdisplay.Screen. Note that the machine displaying gnumeric
must have granted the machine running gnumeric the right to display
X screen to use, a more compact form of the functionality described
- Disable sound server usage.
- Enable sound server usage.
- Host:port on which the sound server to use is running.
Disable the bug submission dialog which appears if Gnumeric crashes.
- Gdk debugging flags to set.
- Gdk debugging flags to unset.
- Make X calls synchronous.
- Program name as used by the window manager.
- Program class as used by the window manager.
- The host on which to contact the gxid daemon. This overrides the GXID_HOST environment variable. This option is only available if GTK+ has been configured with --gdk-target=x11.
- The port for the connection to gxid. This overrides the GXID_PORT environment variable. This option is only available if GTK+ has been configured with --gdk-target=x11.
- Gtk+ debugging flags to set.
- Gtk+ debugging flags to unset.
- Make all warnings fatal.
Load an additional Gtk module.
Session management options
- Specify session management ID.
- Specify prefix of saved configuration.
Disable connection to session manager.
VERSIONThis manual page describes gnumeric version 1.8.
BUGSFor the list of known gnumeric bugs, or to report new ones please visit bugzilla.gnome.org.
SEE ALSOssconvert(1), ssindex(1), ssdiff(1) ssgrep(1)
The Gnumeric Manual Available through the Help menu or www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/doc/gnumeric.shtml laURL: L raonline
www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric laURL: L raThe Gnumeric Homepage
www.gnome.org laURL: L raThe GNOME project page
Gnumeric is licensed under the terms of the General Public License (GPL), version 2 or 3. For information on this license look at the source code that came with the software or see the www.gnu.org laURL: L raGNU project page
The copyright on the gnumeric software and source code is held by the individual authors as is documented in the source code.
GnumericJody Goldberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Miguel de Icaza <email@example.com>
Morten Welinder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
-- and many others. For a more complete list, see the About dialog.
This manual pageJan Schaumann <email@example.com>
Adrian Custer <firstname.lastname@example.org>