NAMEChess - GNU Chess
DESCRIPTIONGNU Chess 6.2.5 Copyright © 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Play the game of chess
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- -v, --version
- display version information and exit
- -q, --quiet
- make the program silent on startup
- same as -q
- -x, --xboard
- start in engine mode
- -p, --post
- start up showing thinking
- -e, --easy
- disable thinking in opponents time
- -m, --manual
- enable manual mode
- -u, --uci
- enable UCI protocol (externally behave as UCI engine)
- -M size, --memory=,size/
- specify memory usage in MB for hashtable
- -a filename, --addbook=,filename/
- compile book.bin from pgn book 'filename'
- -g, --graphic
- enable graphic mode
- Options xboard and post are accepted without leading dashes for backward compatibility.
- Moves are accepted either in standard algebraic notation (SAN) or in coordinate algebraic notation.
- The file 'gnuchess.ini' allows setting config options. See 'info gnuchess' for details. The file will be looked up in the current directory or, if not found there, in the directory pointed to by environment variable GNUCHESS_PKGDATADIR.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for Chess is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and Chess programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info gnuchess
should give you access to the complete manual.