NAMEgns3 - a graphical network simulator
SYNOPSISgns3 [-cdh] [file]
DESCRIPTIONGNS3 is a graphical network simulator that allows simulation of complex networks and to launch simulations on them. It is an excellent complementary tool to real labs for administrators of Cisco networks or people wanting to pass their CCNA, CCNP, CCIP or CCIE certifications. It can also be used to experiment features of Cisco IOS or to check configurations that need to be deployed later on real routers.
To allow complete simulations, GNS3 is strongly linked with :
- Dynamips, the core program that allows Cisco IOS emulation
- Dynagen, a text-based front-end for Dynamips
- Qemu, a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer
- VirtualBox, a free and powerful virtualization software.
Important notice: users have to provide their own images.
You may have to install a patched version of some emulators, please read the online documentation. The options are as follows:
- Displays a help message
- Directory where gns3.ini is located (default: ~/gns3/)
- Display debug messages
- Prints out the version and exits