NAMEgjiten - Japanese dictionary for Gnome
SYNOPSISgjiten [ option ]
DESCRIPTIONgjiten is a Japanese dictionary for the Gnome Desktop. It also has a kanji dictionary; any combination of stroke number, radicals and search key can be used for kanji lookups. Requires dictionary files in edict format and a working X Input Method (e.g. kinput2) for Japanese input.
This manpage only explains the command line options. You should be able to access the complete documentation from the Help menu.
OPTIONS-c and -v are convenient for fast lookups via keyboard shortcuts.
- Same as --kanjidic
- Only show the KanjiDic window on startup.
- -w WORD
- Same as --word-lookup=WORD
- Look up WORD on startup.
- -l KANJI
- Same as --kanji-lookup=KANJI
- Look up Kanji on startup in KanjiDic.
- Same as --clip-kanji
- Look up kanji from the clipboard.
- Same as --clip-word
- Look up word from the clipboard.
Prints the version of gjiten