- gcloud iam roles delete - delete a custom role from an organization or a project
gcloud iam roles delete ROLE_ID [--organization=ORGANIZATION] [GCLOUD_WIDE_FLAG ...]
This command can fail for the following reasons:
- The role specified does not exist.
- The active user does not have permission to access the given role.
The id of the custom role to delete. For example: CustomRole. You must also
specify the --organization or --project flag.
The organization of the role you want to delete.
GCLOUD WIDE FLAGS
These flags are available to all commands: --account, --configuration, --flags-file, --flatten, --format, --help, --log-http, --project, --quiet, --trace-token, --user-output-enabled, --verbosity. Run $ gcloud help for details.
To delete a role of an organization, run:
- $ gcloud iam roles delete --organization 1234567 viewer
To delete a role of a project, run:
- $ gcloud iam roles delete --project myproject viewer
These variants are also available:
- $ gcloud alpha iam roles delete $ gcloud beta iam roles delete