- gcloud alpha resource-manager folders move - move a folder to a new position within the same organization
gcloud alpha resource-manager folders move FOLDER_ID [--async] [--folder=FOLDER_ID] [--organization=ORGANIZATION_ID] [GCLOUD_WIDE_FLAG ...]
(ALPHA) Move the given folder under a new parent folder or under the
This command can fail for the following reasons:
- There is no folder with the given ID.
- There is no parent with the given type and ID.
- The new parent is not in the same organization of the given folder.
- Permission missing for performing this move.
ID for the folder you want to move.
Whether to return an asynchronous long-running operation immediately instead of
waiting for the operation to finish
ID for the folder to use as a parent
ID for the organization to use as a parent
GCLOUD WIDE FLAGS
These flags are available to all commands: --account, --configuration, --flags-file, --flatten, --format, --help, --log-http, --project, --quiet, --trace-token, --user-output-enabled, --verbosity. Run $ gcloud help for details.
The following command moves a folder with the ID 123456789 into a folder with the ID 2345:
- $ gcloud alpha resource-manager folders move 123456789 --folder 2345
The following command moves a folder with the ID 123456789 into an organization with ID 1234:
$ gcloud alpha resource-manager folders move 123456789 \
This command is currently in ALPHA and may change without notice. If this command fails with API permission errors despite specifying the right project, you will have to apply for early access and have your projects registered on the API whitelist to use it. To do so, contact Support at cloud.google.com/support