- gcloud alpha iam roles delete - delete a custom role from an organization or a project
gcloud alpha iam roles delete ROLE_ID [--organization=ORGANIZATION] [GCLOUD_WIDE_FLAG ...]
(ALPHA) This command deletes a role.
- The role specified does not exist.
- The active user does not have permission to access the given role.
The id of the custom role to delete. For example: CustomRole. You must also
specify the --organization or --project flag.
The organization of the role you want to delete.
GCLOUD WIDE FLAGS
These flags are available to all commands: --account, --configuration, --flags-file, --flatten, --format, --help, --log-http, --project, --quiet, --trace-token, --user-output-enabled, --verbosity. Run $ gcloud help for details.
To delete a role of an organization, run:
- $ gcloud alpha iam roles delete --organization 1234567 viewer
To delete a role of a project, run:
- $ gcloud alpha iam roles delete --project myproject viewer
This command is currently in ALPHA and may change without notice. If this command fails with API permission errors despite specifying the right project, you will have to apply for early access and have your projects registered on the API whitelist to use it. To do so, contact Support at cloud.google.com/support These variants are also available:
- $ gcloud iam roles delete $ gcloud beta iam roles delete