- gcloud alpha compute instance-groups unmanaged remove-instances - removes resources from an unmanaged instance group by instance name
gcloud alpha compute instance-groups unmanaged remove-instances NAME --instances=INSTANCE,[INSTANCE,...] [--zone=ZONE] [GCLOUD_WIDE_FLAG ...]
(ALPHA) gcloud alpha compute instance-groups unmanaged
This does not delete the actual instance resources but removes it from the instance group.
Name of the instance group to operate on.
The names of the instances to remove from the instance group.
Zone of the instance group to operate on. If not specified and the
compute/zone property isn't set, you may be prompted to select a
To avoid prompting when this flag is omitted, you can set the compute/zone property:
- $ gcloud config set compute/zone ZONE
A list of zones can be fetched by running:
- $ gcloud compute zones list
To unset the property, run:
- $ gcloud config unset compute/zone
Alternatively, the zone can be stored in the environment variable CLOUDSDK_COMPUTE_ZONE.
GCLOUD WIDE FLAGS
These flags are available to all commands: --account, --configuration, --flags-file, --flatten, --format, --help, --log-http, --project, --quiet, --trace-token, --user-output-enabled, --verbosity. Run $ gcloud help for details.
This command is currently in ALPHA and may change without notice. If this command fails with API permission errors despite specifying the right project, you will have to apply for early access and have your projects registered on the API whitelist to use it. To do so, contact Support at cloud.google.com/support These variants are also available:
- $ gcloud compute instance-groups unmanaged remove-instances $ gcloud beta compute instance-groups unmanaged remove-instances