NAMEgaupol - editor for text-based subtitle files
SYNOPSISgaupol [OPTION...] [FILE...] [+[NUM]]
gaupol is an editor for text-based subtitle files. It supports multiple subtitle file formats and provides means of correcting texts and timing subtitles to match video.
- -h, --help
- Show command line options.
- Show version number.
- -e, --encoding=ENCODING
- Set the character encoding to use for opening files.
- List possible character encodings to use with --encoding.
- Go to subtitle number NUM in the opened file. If NUM is missing go to the last subtitle.
- -t, --translation-file=FILE
- Open translation file.
- -a, --align-method=METHOD
- Method used to align translation file's subtitle texts with main document's subtitles. Possible values are 'number' and 'position'. The default is 'position', which compares the positions in the main document and the translation file and inserts the translation texts so that those positions match. Existing subtitles are skipped and new ones inserted as needed. 'number' discards position information and inserts the N translation texts into the first N subtitles.
- -v, --video-file=FILE
- Select video file.