NAMEfontypython - Find, view and manage font files of all kinds.
SYNOPSISfontypython [OPTIONS]... [VIEW]... [TARGET]...
DESCRIPTIONfontypython is a GUI utility written in Python and WxPython that will help you do font stuff on GNU/Linux system. You can quickly view and filter arbitrary* TTF, TTC, OTF or Type1 font files and then gather them together into 'Pogs' which can be installed or removed as needed. In this way you control which fonts are installed on a per-project basis.
If you have gucharmap or kfontview installed, (there is an option in Settings to choose which one) you can view any font's character maps etc.
*Arbitrary means you can see and/or use any fonts in a local directory (or a mount). They do not need to be installed on your system.
- A place where fonts are. A Pog or a folder someplace.
- A "Pog". A place to keep those fonts (just references to them).
- Below are the various command-line options. You don't need to use them, but they are handy. The program will run as a GUI if you only invoke 'fontypython'.
- -e, --examples
- Show some %$@#$ examples!
- -l, --list
- List the names of all the Pogs.
- -i Pog, --install=Pog
- Install the fonts in this Pog to your fonts folder.
- -u Pog, --uninstall=Pog
- Uninstall the fonts in this Pog.
- -p Pog, --purge=Pog
- Purge the Pog of font files that are no longer really there.
- -s num, --size=num
- Set a new default point size.
- -n num, --number=num
- Set a new default for how many fonts to view at one go. Don't overdo this.
- -c folder --check=folder
- Check for bad fonts that crash the program. It will recurse through sub-folders. This will build a file: ~/.fontypython/segfonts After using this tool you should be able to browse safely. (The reason it's not done by default is that it's very slow.) NOTE: The fonts that crash the program are probably still perfectly good and can be used in other apps.
- -a folder Pog, --all=folder Pog
- Puts all fonts in this folder into the Pog. If the Pog already exists, it will add only *new* fonts, this means fonts are not repeated in that Pog.
- -A folder Pog, --all-recurse=folder Pog
- Puts all fonts in this folder and *all* sub-folders into the Pog. Rest same as -a.
- -z Pog, --zip=Pog
- All the fonts inside Pog will be zipped and the zipfile will be named after the Pog. The file will be placed in the current directory.
- Show program's version number and exit.
- -h, --help
Show help message and exit.
SEE ALSOHomepage: <savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fontypython>
AUTHORfontypython was written by Donn.C.Ingle <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This manual page was updated by Donn Ingle in October 2009. It was originally written by Kartik Mistry <email@example.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).