Copyright (c) 2010-2016 Dovecot authors, see the included COPYING file
NAMEdoveadm-who - Show who is logged in to the Dovecot server
SYNOPSISdoveadm [-Dv] [-f formatter] who [-1] [-a anvil_socket_path] [user] [ip[/mask]]
DESCRIPTIONThe who command is used to show which users from which hosts are currently connected to which service.
OPTIONSGlobal doveadm(1) options:
- Enables verbosity and debug messages.
- -f formatter
for formatting the output.
Supported formatters are:
- prints each line with key=value pairs.
- prints each key: value pair on its own line and separates records with form feed character (^L).
- prints a table header followed by tab separated value lines.
- prints a table header followed by adjusted value lines.
- -o setting=value
- Overrides the configuration setting from /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and from the userdb with the given value. In order to override multiple settings, the -o option may be specified multiple times.
- Enables verbosity, including progress counter.
This command uses by default the output formatter table.
Command specific options:
- Print one line per user and connection. Otherwise the connections are grouped by the username.
- -a anvil_socket_path
This option is used to specify an alternative socket.
The optionaqs argument is either an absolute path to a local UNIX domain
socket, or a hostname and port
in order to connect a remote host via a TCP socket.
By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/anvil. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf.
- Specify an ip address or network range, in CIDR notation, to reduce the result to matching connections.
- List only users, whose name match user. Itaqs also possible to use wildcards in the user name.
EXAMPLEShow authenticated sessions, filtered by the clientaqs IP address.
doveadm who ::1 username # proto (pids) (ips) jane 2 imap (30155 30412) (::1) doveadm who 192.0.2.0/24 username # proto (pids) (ips) email@example.com 1 imap (30257) (192.0.2.34)
Show authenticated sessions, filtered by username.
doveadm who pvo username # proto (pids) (ips) pvo 1 sieve (30343) (fd95:4eed:38ba::25) pvo 4 imap (25693 25686 25679 25669) (fd95:4eed:38ba::25) doveadm who ja* username # proto (pids) (ips) james 1 imap (30091) (127.0.0.1) jane 2 imap (30155 30412) (::1)