Copyright (c) 2012-2016 Dovecot authors, see the included COPYING file
NAMEdoveadm-mount - Manage the list of mountpoints where mails are stored
SYNOPSISdoveadm [-Dv] [-f formatter] mount command [arguments]
DESCRIPTIONThe doveadm mount commands can be used to manage the list of mountpoints where mails are stored. This is used mainly for better error handling when a mountpoint isnaqt mounted for some reason:
- If a mail directory doesnaqt exist, itaqs autocreated. If the useraqs mails arenaqt mounted and filesystem permissions still allow the autocreation, the user will see an empty mailbox and later will have to redownload all mails. If the mountpoint is known to be unmounted, Dovecot will simply fail opening any mailboxes.
- If dbox alternate storage isnaqt mounted and a mail in it is attempted to be accessed, Dovecot normally rebuilds the indexes and notices that all the mails in alt storage are expunged. When the alt storage is mounted back and even if index is again rebuilt, the mails wonaqt necessarily become visible anymore for IMAP clients. If the mountpoint is known to be unmounted, Dovecot wonaqt rebuild indexes and lose the mails.
Dovecot automatically adds mountpoints to this list at startup. If you donaqt want some of the mountpoints added, you can add a wildcard ignore for it.
OPTIONSGlobal doveadm(1) options:
- Enables verbosity and debug messages.
- -f formatter
for formatting the output.
Supported formatters are:
- prints each line with key=value pairs.
- prints each key: value pair on its own line and separates records with form feed character (^L).
- prints a table header followed by tab separated value lines.
- prints a table header followed by adjusted value lines.
- -o setting=value
- Overrides the configuration setting from /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and from the userdb with the given value. In order to override multiple settings, the -o option may be specified multiple times.
- Enables verbosity, including progress counter.
- The directory name of a mountpoint
- The state of a mountpoint. Either online or ignore.
mount adddoveadm mount add [path [state]]
If this command is run without any parameters, doveadm detects all missing mountpoints and adds them (the same way as when Dovecot does at startup).
When a mountpoint path is given, itaqs added as a mountpoint. The state can currently be either dqonlinedq (default) or dqignoredq. The ignore state is mainly useful with path wildcards to add mountpoints that you never want Dovecot to automatically add, such as: doveadm mount add '/mnt/*' ignore
mount listdoveadm [-Dv ] [-f formatter] mount list
This command lists the mountpoints known to Dovecot and their state.
mount removedoveadm mount remove path
This command removes the specified path from the mountpoint list.