Automatically generated by Pod::Man 4.07 (Pod::Simple 3.32) Standard preamble: ========================================================================
NAMEdebrepro - reproduciblity tester for Debian packages
DESCRIPTIONdebrepro will build a given source directory twice, with a set of variation between the first and the second build, and compare the binary packages produced. If diffoscope is installed, it is used to compare non-matching binaries. If disorderfs is installed, it is used during the build to inject non-determinism in filesystem listing operations.
OUTPUT DIRECTORYAt the very end of a build, debrepro will inform the location of the output directory where the build artifacts can be found. The contents of this directory are as follows:
- contains the results of the first build, including a copy of the source tree, and the resulting binary packages.
- contains the exact build script that was used in the first build.
- contains the results of the second build, including a copy of the source tree, and the resulting binary packages.
- contains the exact build script that was used in the second build.
Taking a diff(1) between $OUTPUTDIR/first/build.sh and $OUTPUTDIR/second/build.sh is an excellent way of figuring out exactly what changed between the two builds.
- The $USER environment variable will contain different values between the first and second builds.
- During the second build, a fake, unexisting directory will be appended to the $PATH environment variable.
- The builds will use different umask settings.
- Both $LC_ALL and $LANG will be different across the two builds.
- $TZ will be different across builds.
- If disorderfs is installed, both builds will be done under a disorderfs overlay directory. This will cause filesystem listing operations to be return items in a non-deterministic order.
- The second build will be executed 213 days, 7 hours and 13 minutes in the future with regards to the current time.
- -s VARIATION,--skipVARIATION
Don't perform the named VARIATION.Variation names are the ones used in their description in sectionSUPPORTED VARIATIONS.
Package is reproducible.
Reproducible here means that the two builds produced the exactly the same binaries, under the set of variations that debrepro tests. Other sources of non-determinism in builds that are not yet tested might still affect builds in the wild.
- Package is not reproducible.
- The given input is not a valid Debian source package.
- Required programs are missing.