NAMEdeb3 - convert debian source package to new 3.0 (quilt) format
DESCRIPTIONdeb3 converts debian source packages which use series of patches from 1.0 format to new 3.0 (quilt) format while adjusting contents in debian/patches. This is run from the package top level directory. If run without argument, deb3 guesses source structure. Following formats are auto detected.
- cdbs (simple-patchsys.mk)
You can force particular conversion using argument.
- conversion for dh_quilt_patch/dh_quilt_unpatch
- conversion for dpatch
- conversion for dbs and cdbs made with -p 0 patches (default)
- conversion for dbs and cdbs made with -p 1 patches
conversion for dbs and cdbs made with -p 2 patches
TERMINATING THE CONVERSION
This deb3 program only provides a starting point. After its execution, further modifications are needed to your package. Typical changes are:
- Build-Depends: you should remove cdbs, dpatch and quilt. Instead, you should add debhelper (>= 7.0.50~)
- Add override_dh_* targets to debian/rules to address special cases.
from the debian/rules, if it uses the
You can find tutorial for packaging using this new
style and new 3.0 (quilt) source format in the maint-guide package.
It is also available at:
COPYRIGHT(c) Osamu Aoki, 2010, GPL2+
dpatch2quilt.sh is used as the base of this program; Parts from blog.orebokech.com/2007/08/converting-debian-packages-from-dpatch.html
(c) gregor herrmann, 2007-2008, GPL2+
(c) Damyan Ivanov, 2007-2008, GPL2+
(c) Martin Quinson, 2008, GPL2+