$Id$ -*-nroff-*- DDD manual page ddd/ddd.man. Generated from ddd.man.in by configure. Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Universitaet Passau, Germany. Copyright (C) 2001-2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Written by Andreas Zeller <email@example.com>. This file is part of DDD. DDD is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later versio...
NAMEddd - The Data Display Debugger
- [--help] [--gdb] [--dbx] [--ladebug] [--wdb] [--xdb] [--jdb] [--pydb] [--perl] [--debugger name] [--[r]host [[username@]hostname]] [--trace] [--version] [--configuration] [options...] [prog[core|procID]]
- but usually just
Start your program, specifying anything that might affect its
Make your program stop on specified conditions.
Examine what has happened, when your program has stopped.
- Change things in your program, so you can experiment with correcting the effects of one bug and go on to learn about another.
More information on
OPTIONSThese are the most important options used when starting
All arguments and options not handled by
Show the DDDconfiguration settings and exit.
Run the DBXdebugger as inferior debugger.
- --debugger name
Invoke the inferior debugger name. This is useful if you have
several debugger versions around, or if the inferior debugger cannot
be invoked as `gdb', `dbx', `xdb', `jdb',
`pydb', or `perl' respectively.
This option can also be used to pass options to the inferior debugger that would otherwise conflict withDDDoptions. For instance, to pass the option `-d directory' toXDB, use:
ddd --debugger "xdb -d directory"
If you use the `--debugger' option, be sure that the type of inferior debugger is specified as well. That is, use one of the options `--gdb', `--dbx', `--xdb', `--jdb', `--pydb', or `--perl' (unless the default setting works fine).
Run the GDBdebugger as inferior debugger.
- Give a list of frequently used options. Show options of the inferior debugger as well.
- --host [username@]hostname
- Invoke the inferior debugger directly on the remote host hostname. If username is given and the `--login' option is not used, use username as remote user name.
Run JDBas inferior debugger.
- Run Ladebug as inferior debugger.
- Run Perl as inferior debugger.
Run PYDBas inferior debugger.
- --rhost [username@]hostname
- Run the inferior debugger interactively on the remote host hostname. If username is given and the `--login' option is not used, use username as remote user name.
Show the interaction between DDDand the inferior debugger on standard error. This is useful for debuggingDDD. If `--trace' is not specified, this information is written into `$HOME/.ddd/log', such that you can also do a post-mortem debugging.
Show the DDDversion and exit.
Run the WDBdebugger as inferior debugger.
Run XDBas inferior debugger.
A full list of options, including important options of the inferior debugger, can be found in the
SEE ALSOX(1), gdb(1), dbx(1), wdb(1), xdb(1), perldebug(1)
`ddd' entry in info.
`gdb' entry in info.
Java Language Debugging, at java.sun.com (and its mirrors) in /products/jdk/1.1/debugging/
The Python Language, at www.python.org and its mirrors.
For more information on this list, send a mail to
COPYRIGHTThis manual page is Copyright © 2001 Universitaet Passau, Germany and © 2001-2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this manual page provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are preserved on all copies.
Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this manual page under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to this one.
Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual page into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions, except that this permission notice may be included in translations approved by the Free Software Foundation instead of in the original English.