Automatically generated by Pod::Man 4.07 (Pod::Simple 3.32) Standard preamble: ========================================================================
NAMEchdist - script to easily play with several distributions
SYNOPSISchdist [options] [command] [command parameters]
DESCRIPTIONchdist is a rewrite of what used to be known as 'MultiDistroTools' (or mdt). Its use is to create '
APTtrees' for several distributions, making it easy to query the status of packages in other distribution without using chroots, for instance.
- -h, --help
- Provide a usage message.
- -d, --data-dir DIR
- Choose data directory (default: ~/.chdist/).
- -a, --arch ARCH
- Choose architecture (default: `dpkg --print-architecture`).
- Display version information.
- create DIST[URLRELEASESECTIONS]
Prepare a new tree named DIST
- apt DIST<update|source|show|showsrc|...>
Run apt inside DIST
- apt-get DIST<update|source|...>
Run apt-get inside DIST
- apt-cache DIST<show|showsrc|...>
Run apt-cache inside DIST
- apt-file DIST<update|search|...>
Run apt-file inside DIST
- apt-rdepends DIST[...]
Run apt-rdepends inside DIST
- aptitude DIST[...]
Run aptitude inside DIST
- src2bin DIST SRCPKG
List binary packages for SRCPKGinDIST
- bin2src DIST BINPKG
List source package for BINPKGinDIST
- compare-packages DIST1 DIST2[DIST3, ...]
- compare-bin-packages DIST1 DIST2[DIST3, ...]
List versions of packages in several DISTributions
- compare-versions DIST1 DIST2
- compare-bin-versions DIST1 DIST2
- Same as compare-packages/compare-bin-packages, but also runs dpkg --compare-versions and display where the package is newer.
- compare-src-bin-packages DIST
Compare sources and binaries for DIST
- compare-src-bin-versions DIST
- Same as compare-src-bin-packages, but also run dpkg --compare-versions and display where the package is newer
- grep-dctrl-packages DIST[...]
Run grep-dctrl on *_Packages inside DIST
- grep-dctrl-sources DIST[...]
Run grep-dctrl on *_Sources inside DIST
List available DISTs
COPYRIGHTThis program is copyright 2007 by Lucas Nussbaum and Luk Claes. This program comes with
ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
It is licensed under the terms of the
GPL,either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.