Automatically generated by Pod::Man 4.07 (Pod::Simple 3.32) Standard preamble: ========================================================================
NAMEbuild-rdeps - find packages that depend on a specific package to build (reverse build depends)
DESCRIPTIONbuild-rdeps searches for all packages that build-depend on the specified package.
The default behaviour is to just `grep` for the given dependency in the Build-Depends field of apt's Sources files.
If the package dose-extra >= 4.0 is installed, then a more complete reverse build dependency computation is carried out. In particular, with that package installed, build-rdeps will find transitive reverse dependencies, respect architecture and build profile restrictions, take Provides relationships, Conflicts, Pre-Depends, Build-Depends-Arch and versioned dependencies into account and correctly resolve multiarch relationships for crossbuild reverse dependency resolution. (This tends to be a slow process due to the complexity of the package interdependencies.)
- -u, --update
- Run apt-get update before searching for build-depends.
- -s, --sudo
- Use sudo when running apt-get update. Has no effect if -u is omitted.
- Select another distribution, which is searched for build-depends.
- Ignore contrib and non-free
- Ignore the given component (e.g. main, contrib, non-free).
- Restrict the search to only the specified origin (such as ``Debian'').
- -m, --print-maintainer
- Print the value of the maintainer field for each package.
- Explicitly set the host architecture. The default is the value of `dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH`. This option only works if dose-extra >= 4.0 is installed.
Force the old simple behaviour without dose-ceve support even if dose-extra >=
4.0 is installed. (This tends to be faster.)
Notice, that the old behaviour only finds direct dependencies, ignores virtual dependencies, does not find transitive dependencies and does not take version relationships, architecture restrictions, build profiles or multiarch relationships into account.
- Explicitly set the build architecture. The default is the value of `dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_ARCH`. This option only works if dose-extra >= 4.0 is installed.
- -d, --debug
- Run the debug mode
- Show the usage information.
- Show the version information.
REQUIREMENTSThe tool requires apt Sources files to be around for the checked components. In the default case this means that in /var/lib/apt/lists files need to be around for main, contrib and non-free.
In practice this means one needs to add one deb-src line for each component, e.g.
deb-src http://<mirror>/debian <dist> main contrib non-free
and run apt-get update afterwards or use the update option of this tool.